ABOUT FOLLOW ARCHIVE CONTACT







Saturday 26 September 2015

TV: SCREAM QUEENS

On my first day back from London I decided it was time for a bit of a rest, my poor feet were sore and all of my best clothes had to be thrown in a wash (definitely not leaving the house in my not-best clothes). This meant it was TV-time, probably one of my favourite methods of escapism, after books of course. I'd caught the trailer for Scream Queens earlier this year and made sure I tucked it away at the back of my head so that when the time came I'd find and watch it. I have a slight aversion to Emma Roberts, but quite the opposite for directors Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk (creators of my ultimate favourite American Horror Story). I generally thought Emma Roberts was somewhat talentless and probably suited a secondary role in Mean Girls back in 2004, but her lead role in Scream Queens struck me as suited and STRONG.



SQ is a little bit more comedy that AHS, the storyline is predictably ridiculous but the set design, costume design and casting is impeccable. Ariana Grande smashing the dumb, beautiful sorority girl, and Emma doing likewise but in an altogether dark and pretty nonchalant manner. I inevitably was super intrigued by the sorority lifestyle, most predictably because I have literally no idea what it entails (apart from the crazy odd stories I'm fed through social media and of course, the wild minds of directors like Murphy & Falchuk). So here's what I've gathered, from a little online research...



It's a brotherhood or sisterhood where you are basically blood bound to keep each others secrets, have a heavily vetted method of entry (aka a becoming 'one of us' ceremony) and use a 'complex identification symbol' as an identity. So basically everything social media and mass media claim. I'll do a bit more digging and see what I can find.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

     HOME